Ok so this is a bit of a tricky review for me as I adore Nivea products however hate this one.
I’ll start off by saying I’ve tried the Tinted Moisturising Day Cream and absolutely loved it so thought that I’d try the BB cream when I came across it the other day whilst I was in Body Care.
These were what the product states it does:
The instructions for application also say to “Apply the cream on cleansed face by gently massaging in small circles.”
As I said I love Nivea products and had really high hopes for this one but it really didn’t live up to my expectations and here’s why:
- Even after I’d moisturised and primed my face with hydrating primer it seemed to stick to my dry patches which made it look uneven and really irritated my skin.
- I started off by applying the cream in the specified way to apply it and it looked blotchy and patchy so I tried using a makeup sponge, the same thing happened.
- The skin match was horrific as I have light skin in the winter but I wouldn’t say it’s fair, however the lightest shade made my face look orange.
- It says that it refines the appearance of pores but my pores seemed to show more than they normally would, even without makeup on.
- I never really use powder all over my face as I feel it makes my skin look dry and cakey however I tried to fix the look by packing it all over my face, this made my skin all itchy.
I’d say this product has two pros if I’m being generous and they are the smell- I absolutely love the smell of it as it smells like most Nivea products do, and it is SPF 10 to protect your skin from the sun.
I’d like to say that maybe it’s just because it’s winter and my skin is all dry and pale and that if it were summer and I were to try out the product again (which I might do) it would have a better effect.
Or it could just be my bad application. Either way, for me this product was a 1 out of 5, purely because it did the complete opposite to my skin to what it said it would do.
If you have any BB cream recommendations (preferably under a tenner) then please suggest them in the comments as I am desperate!!